Fort building kits for kids are highly popular nowadays. We were using pillows, chairs, and sheets back in the day, and it was pretty fun. You can easily give that fun to your kids with these simple fort building kits. There are some things you need to check out before your purchase, which I’ve listed at the bottom part of this article. Let’s take a look at best sellers in the market so you can pick a suitable one for your kid, and yourself!
Top Seller Fort Building Kits for Kids
Power Your Fun Fort Building Kits for Kids
- Your kid has endless opportunities to create whatever he or she wants. This fort kid comes with 81 pieces, which allow your kid to express thyself fully!
- The product comes with 52 connecting rods and 29 multilink spheres.
- It’s made with safe materials. The product doesn’t contain any bpa at all!
- The color of the fort building kit looks great in real life. It’s bright and shiny, which attracts the kids!
- However, the quality of the product could be a little bit better. Connection parts seem to have problems! Putting together them is really hard. You have to watch your kids during playtime. If you have bigger kids, you won’t have problems since it’s sturdy and durable. However, if you want to buy this one for little kids, you must look at other products!
Fenix 77 Pc Fort Building Kit
- This one is perfect for little kids aged between 4 and 6 years old.
- It’s useful for little kids!
- Thes et comes with 77 pieces!
- The sticks glow in the dark, which makes them a great asset!
- Your kid can play it easily during the night time!
- It also promotes great nighttime activity for adventurous kids!
- It will make the perfect dark hideout for the kids! However, the stability of the product is not that great. This product can only support a bed sheet, so keep that in mind before your purchase!
Crazy Forts 69 pieces
- This one has quality. It’s so easy to link up the pieces.
- A kid can easily do this one by thyself!
- The materials are durable and high-quality.
- It’s made by a company that specializes in this type of product.
- It comes with 69 pieces.
- The product has enough pieces, in my opinion. However, you can also buy two of them if you require more pieces!
- It provides a lot of fun for the kids because it’s so easy to use!
- The product comes with instructions for different forts. However, after some time, your kids can easily get used to this!
- Some customers reported problems with sticks.
Lakeshore Ultimate Fort Builder
- The fort building kit is high-quality compared to other ones!
- The snap-together is easy but strong at the same time!
- The poles are extra sturdy, which can carry a good amount of wait!
- The product comes with 45 poles and 25 connectors.
- It’s suitable for kids between 4 and 11 years of age. Almost any kid can use this one without any problems at all.
- It is a little bit expensive compared to other products. However, it has the quality!
Matchaccino Construction Fort Building Kit
- You can prefer this fort building kit for kids if you are looking to have different alternatives. It has three different designs on the sales page. You can also pick the glow in the dark version!
- The product has the necessary amount of pieces. It comes with 28 geometric balls and 49 sticks!
- The sticks could be better, but they are still perfect for the price you are paying!
- This product is excellent for sparking the creativity of your kid. It comes with instructions that are pretty clear to follow for any kid!
- It’s suitable for kids above five years of age.
- If you are looking for a price-performance product, you can prefer this one!
Funphix Fort 154 Pc Set for Supersized Glow in The Dark Fort Building
- This one can work quite well if you are looking for a more significant set.
- It allows your kid to build elaborate forts thanks to different connection balls.
- The instructions might be hard for some kids. However, this product allows for teamwork, which separates it from the others.
- If you want to provide the kids with some challenges, this one can work quite well. It will also improve the social skills of the kid group, which is excellent!
Funphix Deluxe 296 Piece Construction Toy Set
- This one is perfect for toddlers and kids. It’s suitable for kids between 2 and 12 years of age.
- The product comes with instructions that allow your kid to create a variety of forts!
- The fort building comes with a total of 296 pieces, which is the highest amount I see.
- It comes with connectors, tubes, panels, keys, and screws. These things allow for a wide variety of creations!
- The assembling process is pretty easy, which can be done by any kid.
- You can use this one both indoors and outdoors!
Fantasy Fort Kit Pretend Play Construction Building Set
- This fort building kit is different compared to other ones because it comes with wooden panels.
- It doesn’t contain anything harmful to your kid, which makes it a great alternative.
- The product comes with 32 pieces of wooden panels.
- Each panel is 22×22 inches, which allow for prominent forts to built!
- The cartoon building clips are perfect for building two-story forts!
- This is also great for stem learning, which makes it’s an excellent alternative for parents.
- If you are looking for a high-quality fort building kit for kids, you can prefer this one!
Construction Fort Building Toy Set for Kids with 60 Pieces
- The pieces of this kit is a little bit low compared to others.
- However, this one can be purchased as an alternative.
- The product comes with a satisfaction guarantee, so you better check out the sales page.
- The price of the product is reasonable, that’s why I listed it here!
HearthSong 32-Piece Chalkboard Fantasy Fort Indoor Building Kit
- The fort building kit is made of high quality 32 panels, which allow for different creations!
- The square cardboard panels are 22 inches, which makes them perfect for building cubes!
- The panels can be connected with hoop and loop links.
- Your kids can get creative quickly, thanks to chalkboard finishes on the panels.
- The panels are great for improving your kid’s art and creativity.
- The chalks can be cleaned easily, which makes it even better!
- If you are looking for an all-in-one product, you should buy this one!
How to Pick the Best Fort Building Kit for Kids?
Fort building kits are great for improving the creativity and problem-solving skills of your kid. However, buying the right one can be daunting for any parent. First of all, there are not too many products in the market which make alternatives a lot less. Second, you need to know what you are looking for if you want to make the best purchase possible.
There are a couple of things you need to be careful about if you want the best items possible. These things could be listed as Material quality, price, size&pieces, instructions, safety, and outdoor usage. Safety is the most important one, of course, and it should never be neglected!
The material quality of the poles varies a lot, which affects the kid’s playing experience. The poles should be lightweight, but they should support a good amount of weight at the same time. Some low-quality fort building kits can’t even carry a bed sheet on them, which is disappointing for the kids.
You need to check out the material of the poles so you can be sure about the quality of it. PVC ones are perfect, but they are not used by many companies. You can easily find ones that are made of plastic. You need to check out the customer reviews see if they can carry the weight!
The connection parts of the fort building kits are also highly valuable. You need to check if your kid can use it without any problems at all. Some parts are tough to connect. Some kits are also suitable for bigger kits, which makes the connection process harder!
The price of the products generally starts around thirty dollars for most of the products. The price of the product is directly related to the quality and the size of the kit!
If you want a high-quality product, you should pay more than fifty bucks, in my opinion. You can pay fifty dollars for a high-quality fort building kit, which has more than 80 pieces in it!
Size and Pieces
The size of the poles is really important, in my opinion. Smaller poles allow for more complex buildings, and they will more durable compared to other ones. They can also carry a lot more weight compared to longer models. Most of the poles have a length between 15 and 20 inches, which is the standard!
You should also check how many pieces the kit has. This is important if you are buying the equipment for group activities! You can also buy two or more sets if you want more pieces!
The instructions should be pretty clear for your kid to understand. Most of the forts are included in the instructions book, and they are pretty easy to apply. Your kid needs the instructions in the beginning. However, you can hop into more complicated stuff after some experience!
You need to make sure the poles can support an adequate amount of weight. The poles also should not contain any harmful materials at all like BPA and phthalate!
Some of the fort building kits for kids are suitable for outdoor usage. This makes them a better option, in my opinion. You can let your kids out during summer days, which will be beneficial for their health!
You probably didn’t read all of this article, which is perfectly fine. You can check out the comparison table at the top to learn about the best products. However, if you want detailed information, you should read the tips I’ve listed above.